Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Using chipboard....

Hi all :)


Just wanted to share this card with you. It is one of my favourites as it is one of those cards that just came together nicely without me getting too much of a headache...lol. It went to a good home :)

I am always having trouble decorating chipboard. I try painting, inking, glueing and even colouring in with markers, to no avail. It still looks, well, like a 2 year old did it! Painting chipboard is an absolute nightmare for me as it always looks streaked. I can never get right so if anyone has any hints at all, I would appreciate the tip!

Anyway, I digress.........For once, my decorating technique seemed to work so I used that as the inspiration for this card. All I did was to glue the cardstock to the chipboard using pva glue, then cut as much cardstock off around the heart using a craft knife, then using a nail file, I sanded the edges till it looked neat.
The bow around the heart is actually packing twine I bought from IKEA (gotta love 'em). I just unravelled it and used that instead of ribbon. I love the earthy feel of the 'ribbon'. The rest of the card is self explanatory :) Thanks for looking

Card Recipe: (stamps) French Script, Friendship Blooms (ink) Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink (cardstock) Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink (accessories) pink ribbon, staples, scrap patterned paper, dimensionals.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Tracy,

This card is so pretty! Love the heart wrapped in raffia, and the torn strips of cardstock.

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. :-)

All the best,
Sam.

Melissa Garland said...

I really like this one Tracy. Very noice!