Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Male Card.........

Hi All,

Another male card? Yes I did it! They are the hardest cards for me to make - especially as I really have no specific generic male stamps.

The sketch I found on Amy's site. I did have some difficulty in getting the colours right but I think I managed okay - okay well, I used the colour wheel *wink*. The tag used was cut out with my slice machine I distressed the edges and sponged it with some ink. I went through my old stamp stash (ie. non SU stuff that I have in a tin) and found a multiple greetings stamp - bit like those date stamps that have the roller on the side. Used that to stamp the various greetings on the tag. The chipboard letters were coloured in using a marker and then slathered with crystal effects (gotta love that stuff!). I used every day twine for the card and just wrapped and weaved it amongst the strips of cardstock. The rest is self explanatory! Now I just have to post it.....

Recipe: Sanded Background stamp set SU, Really Rust, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss, Kraft, Whisper White cardstock SU, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red ink SU, Versamark ink, Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabet letters, crystal effects SU, twine, dimensionals.

2 comments:

Lotti said...

Cool card.....really love it.

Godelieve said...

Fantastic card! Love the use of twine.