Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mothers day and some very belated thank you's!

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some cards with you that I made in a fit of spurts the other day. My darling sweet partner decided to take himself and our very boisterous, hard to handle at present, son off to stay at MIL's the other day for two whole days! No boys in the house! Yayyyyy.
So what's a girl to do with so much time on her hands and with only one child to handle (and a very easy one at that!)? Make cards thats what!



Using Whisper White as the base cardstock (something I rarely do), I randomly stamped the flowers using staz-on as I was planning on watercolouring the image - which I must say went better than I had hoped. Not had much success in the past using water on cardstock but wanted to try a technique I saw on Melanie's site which meant having to use cardstock. I just added a strip of coloured cardstock for contrast as was too lazy to try the second part of her technique (check it out!)

Anyway, ran out of steam. Will post the other cards later - just making sure the receivers have received them first!

Supplies: In Full Bloom (SU!), Whisper White and Cameo Coral cardstock, Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon, rubons, markers, aqua paintbrush.

4 comments:

Steph said...

This is lovely!!

Steph said...

This is lovely!!

nannyjkm said...

Hi, I've just found this card while looking at your blog. I have this stamp set, but have never used it as nicely as you have here.I wondered how you got the pink flower with no image of the other flowers on it.Is it masked?And if so,is the pink flower stamped first? Sorry for the questions....
Jane M

Tracy said...

Hi Jane M, can't leave a message for you as your blog doesn't allow public viewing. If you could send me your email, I can reply :)