Saturday, May 16, 2009

A thINKspot Catalogue Challenge


I decided to go for Marelle Taylor's challenge as my mojo just hasn't been there. It took me only a couple of minutes to find a card (27A); half an hour when I changed my mind and then went back to the same card I chose before, and two minutes choosing colours by using a printed sheet of colour combinations using the old in colours from the last catalogue. I really like how it turned out. It isn't far off the original card but as it is my first challenge using the catalogue I thought I would keep it simple simon (kiss).

Anywho, I have seen in the past how some cards have punched out circles in matching cardstock stuck over the card; rather like dry embossing. I also didn't have any coordinating ribbon so used cardstock with a stamped message on it. Hope it reaches muster Marelle :)
Supplies: Cardstock - SU! purely pomegranate (textured); pumpkin pie; old olive. stamp set - SU! merci; Technique Tuesday Loving Words by Ali Edwards. Accessories - 1/2 inch circle punch, distresser, dimensionals.

3 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Tracy! LOVE the striking colour combo
xo

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy!

In regards to a pattern for my shaped Rocket card...yes, I can send you a jpeg of the rocket shape. Email me at heidivanlaar@yahoo.com and I will send you the attachment.
Thanks,
Heidi

This card is adorable BTW...I love the colors!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE these bright and fun colors!